LICENSING SHOW BOOTH, 2018
Our Founder, Rand Marlis
Rand is founder and president of Creative Licensing Corporation, one of the industry’s foremost independent merchandise licensing agencies. Rand’s tenure in licensing spans over thirty years. He began his career as Director of Licensing at Fox, then formed Creative Licensing in 1982.
Over CLC’s history, Rand has represented hundreds of iconic, award-wining films including, Robocop, Platoon, Stargate, and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. More recently, Rand represents film libraries that include films such as, The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Evil Dead 2, Escape from New York, Ace Ventura, Halloween, and the classic Rambo franchise.
Most notably, Rand has represented the original Terminator film, developing its entire A-Z licensing program, since the film’s debut in theaters in 1984. Rand has his BA from Northwestern University, and a JD from UCLA. He is an active member of the California Bar.
Located in Los Angeles, CA, Creative Licensing is a full service independent merchandise licensing agency that specializes in long-term brand development. Founded in 1982, Creative Licensing represents a large catalogue of classic films and properties for worldwide merchandise licensing.
Representations include the film catalogue of Studiocanal with iconic films such as, “THE TERMINATOR”, “TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY”, the first three films in the RAMBO franchise, “EVIL DEAD 2”, “HIGHLANDER”, and “ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.” Most notably, Creative Licensing has represented the original Terminator film since its box office debut in 1984.
In addition to Studiocanal’s library, Creative Licensing represents the iconic slasher horror film “JOHN CARPENTER’S HALLOWEN”, along with two of its sequels, “HALLOWEEN IV: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS” and “HALLOWEEN V: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS.” Creative Licensing also represents the cult classic film, “WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER”, staring Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper, Molly Shannon, and Amy Poehler.
“BILL AND TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE” with Keanu Reeves is another one of CLC’s featured titles, having represented the film since its opening in 1989.
Creative Licensing attends more than a dozen industry trade shows per year, and is one of the few independent agencies to exhibit both domestically at The Licensing Show, Las Vegas and internationally at Brand Licensing, London.
As a founding member of the Licensing Industry Manufacturers Association (LIMA), Creative Licensing has represented the finest entertainment properties in the areas of merchandise licensing.
Formed by Rand Marlis in 1982, CLC’s early representations included:
- Orion Pictures with “DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN” (Madonna’s debut film), “THE TERMINATOR”
- “A CHORUS LINE” (the movie)
- “CAGNEY & LACEY”
- Republic Pictures Corporation
Mid-1980’s representations included:
- “PIPPI LONGSTOCKING”
- “BILL AND TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE”
- “BILL AND TED’S BOGUS JOURNEY”
Early-1990’s representations included:
- “THE ADAMS FAMILY” (nominated for Best License of the Year via LIMA)
- “RESCUE 911”
- “EARTH DAY”
- The British Broadcasting Company
- National Lampoon
- “AMERICA’S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS”
Mid-1990’s representation included:
- “STARGATE “
- “PRIMAL RAGE” (ATARI GAMES)
- “PENSACOLA: WINGS OF GOLD”
- “WORLD GYM”
- Painted Ladies
Early-2000’s representations included:
- “WING COMMANDER”
- “LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER”
- C. FIELDS
Present day representations include:
- 2011 – CLC undertook the representation of Studiocanal’s entire classic film catalogue.
- 2014 – Began representing the Ryan Gosling film DRIVE
- 2015 – Added “HALLOWEEN”, “HALLOWEEN IV” and “HALLOWEEN V”
- 2016 – Added “WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER”, “PARASOMNIA”, “PUPPET MASTER FRANCHISE”, and “CREATURE”
- 2017 – Added Revolution Studios with films including “xXx,” “BLACK HAWK DOWN,” “STEALING HARVARD,” “WHITE CHICKS.” For international representation “ACE VENTURA,” “MAJOR LEAGUE,” “THE LAST OF THE MOHICHANS.”
Feel free to contact CLC with any comments or questions:
President, Creative Licensing Corporation
Vice President, Creative Licensing Corporation
Director of Business Development
Licensing Agent, Creative Licensing Corporation