Creative Licensing is seeking a motivated, entrepreneurial Licensing Coordinator to join its small but expanding team. This role will give an individual the opportunity to dive deep into the world of film merchandise licensing with the potential for a career in a multi-billion dollar industry.
The ideal candidate is one who is organized, confident, articulate, detail oriented, resourceful, a flexible problem solver who takes ownership and responsibility of tasks, and can act independently or as part of a small team as required by the circumstance. This candidate should also be able to think creatively about how to develop IP, and be excited at the opportunity to interface with a variety of worldwide licensees.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development to manage all licenses, assist in overseeing the direction, implementation, execution and continuous improvement of the licensing processes
- Support the President on a daily basis
- Maintain and promote excellent licensee relationships
- Research products, brands, and companies for new business opportunities
- Help prepare and build marketing decks and presentations
- Organize materials for trade shows, presentations and events
- Update and manage the partnership database
- Take ownership in managing approvals
- Disseminate art assets to licensees
- Responsible for quarterly royalty reporting; collecting information from licensees in a timely manner and updating financial reports once all reports have been collected.
- Minimal travel required
- Minimum 2 years in merchandise licensing or the entertainment industry, preferably at a large agency
- Must live locally
- Proven excellence in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written skills
- Proficiency in Dropbox is a plus
- High energy level and enthusiasm for the position. Must have a willingness to learn and improve and be comfortable in a variety of social situations.
- Team player with strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels and maintain professionalism in a fast-paced, but fun work environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits included. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
LICENSING SHOW BOOTH, 2017
Located in Los Angeles, CA, Creative Licensing is a full service independent merchandise licensing agency that specializes in long-term brand development. Founded in 1982, Creative Licensing represents a large catalogue of classic films and properties for worldwide merchandise licensing.
Representations include the film catalogue of Studiocanal with iconic films such as, “THE TERMINATOR”, “TERMINATOR 2: JUDGMENT DAY”, the first three films in the RAMBO franchise, “EVIL DEAD 2”, “HIGHLANDER”, and “ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.” Most notably, Creative Licensing has represented the original Terminator film since its box office debut in 1984.
In addition to Studiocanal’s library, Creative Licensing represents the iconic slasher horror film “JOHN CARPENTER’S HALLOWEN”, along with two of its sequels, “HALLOWEEN IV: THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS” and “HALLOWEEN V: THE REVENGE OF MICHAEL MYERS.” Creative Licensing also represents the cult classic film, “WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER”, staring Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper, Molly Shannon, and Amy Poehler.
“BILL AND TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE” with Keanu Reeves is another one of CLC’s featured titles, having represented the film since its opening in 1989.
Creative Licensing attends more than a dozen industry trade shows per year, and is one of the few independent agencies to exhibit both domestically at The Licensing Show, Las Vegas and internationally at Brand Licensing, London.
As a founding member of the Licensing Industry Manufacturers Association (LIMA), Creative Licensing has represented the finest entertainment properties in the areas of merchandise licensing.
Formed by Rand Marlis in 1982, CLC’s early representations included:
- Orion Pictures with “DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN” (Madonna’s debut film), “THE TERMINATOR”
- “A CHORUS LINE” (the movie)
- “CAGNEY & LACEY”
- Republic Pictures Corporation
Mid-1980’s representations included:
- “PIPPI LONGSTOCKING”
- “BILL AND TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE”
- “BILL AND TED’S BOGUS JOURNEY”
Early-1990’s representations included:
- “THE ADAMS FAMILY” (nominated for Best License of the Year via LIMA)
- “RESCUE 911”
- “EARTH DAY”
- The British Broadcasting Company
- National Lampoon
- “AMERICA’S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS”
Mid-1990’s representation included:
- “STARGATE “
- “PRIMAL RAGE” (ATARI GAMES)
- “PENSACOLA: WINGS OF GOLD”
- “WORLD GYM”
- Painted Ladies
Early-2000’s representations included:
- “WING COMMANDER”
- “LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER”
- C. FIELDS
Present day representations include:
- 2011 – CLC undertook the representation of Studiocanal’s entire classic film catalogue.
- 2014 – Began representing the Ryan Gosling film DRIVE
- 2015 – Added “HALLOWEEN”, “HALLOWEEN IV” and “HALLOWEEN V”
- 2016 – Added “WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER”, “PARASOMNIA”, “PUPPET MASTER FRANCHISE”, and “CREATURE”
- 2017 – Added Revolution Studios with films including “xXx,” “BLACK HAWK DOWN,” “STEALING HARVARD,” “WHITE CHICKS.” For international representation “ACE VENTURA,” “MAJOR LEAGUE,” “THE LAST OF THE MOHICHANS.”
Feel free to contact CLC with any comments or questions:
President, Creative Licensing Corporation
Vice President, Creative Licensing Corporation
Director of Business Development
Licensing Agent, Creative Licensing Corporation